The Texas Open Source Project is working with local, non-profits in the San Angelo, Texas area to provide technology to students who don’t have access to it at home.
- Improve student classroom and academic performance;
- Improve student understanding of technology as it applies to life, as well as educational success;
- Provide low cost access to educational and other useful software for all other purposes;
- Help students see technology as a bridge to communication;
- Create an active learning mindset that spreads from students to friends and other family members.